Sunday, December 21, 2008

Made It Safe

I am back in Phoenix!! I did have and interesting time trying to fly out of Salt Lake. I was supposed to fly out on late Friday night to go to Phx, but of course it snowed all day on Friday that I was worried about driving to the airport, that my flight would be delayed, or worse canceled! So on the suggestion from a friend (thanks again Nikki for driving me!) I decided to see about changing my flight to Saturday morning and boy was I glad that I did. The roads were so much better than the night before. Going through the canyon was still a little scary, but nothing that Nikki couldn't handle.
We get to the airport and I walked in to check my bags and I about fell over. The line for Southwest to check bags was FOREVER LONG. It took me a little over 45 min. to get up to the counter, and then the lady was talking on the phone and I didn't think it was a business call. I had to ask her if I was good to go, and she finally checked my license and sent me on my way. She didn't even put those lovely late check in stickers on my bags so I had to let the guy know what time my flight was so my bags could hopefully get on the same plane as me. I ran to security to get into another line, but lucky for me this one moved a lot faster, but I still had like 10 min. to get to my gate. I walked as quickly as I could and got to my gate just as they were boarding my group. I was so relived and very thankful to be on the plane! Everything always does work out in the end, but the middle can sure be stressful!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Yikes! That would make me kookoo! Glad you made it safe. We do need to set something up! CALL ME!!!

David said...

Glad it all worked out! Wish we were there with you in AZ!

Hawaiian Free-Spirit said...

Please that's nothing, I had to wait in the plane for 3.5 hours before we even took off

Kat said...

Well, it was great to see you the other night, jamming out to RB and Mama Mia! Thanks for coming over!