Monday, December 8, 2008

My First 5K Run

I did this about a month ago, but I was very proud of what I had accomplished with the help of some friends. I have a friend named Katie that mentioned that she was doing a 5K run which I believe is about 3 miles. I decided that didn't sound too bad and that I could do it. Plus I really like doing things that I have never done before. So I enlisted Sandra to run with me, but also to help train me because I have never really ran before. Sandra was a good trainer, she helped me to run even when I didn't want to which was pretty much everyday. I just kept telling myself that I could do it. was harder than I thought to start running let alone work my way upto 3 miles. But finally the day arrived and I have to admit I was a little nervous waiting for the race to start. I was glad that Sandra and Katie were there with me. I think that we all did great.





Here is a picture of Sandra and I after the race. I need to get a picture of all three of the runners!

3 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

WAY TO GO EMILY!!!! I can remember my first 5K run. Oh, no. Actually, that was a Circle K run.(Oops). I am soooo proud! Keep it up, girl.

Natalie said...

CHECK YOU OUT! Way to go!

David said...

Congrats! That is so awesome. I wonder if the only 5K I will ever do is chasing my kiddos around all day!