Monday, January 5, 2009

Thankful

I just wanted to express how thankful I am for kind people in the world. I returned to Utah on Saturday and my car didn't want to start at first. II tried again and it started, however I didn't drive very far and my car sat the rest of the night. I didn't think too much of it until I got in my car on Sunday morning and my car wouldn't start again, only this time I knew it wasn't going to start. We then had to scrape Sandra's car because there was ice all over her car and try not to be late for ward council meeting. My bishopric found out and quickly offered to help me. He jump started my car and then tried to charge my battery, but unfortunately the charge didn't take. My car would not start again later that night. Sandra was very kind and dropped me off and work early this morning and was going to pick me up as well. Brother Smith ended up taking my battery to Checker, had it tested, and then replaced it for me. He even cleaned off my old battery because it didn't look so good! He even dropped off my car to me at work after he installed my battery. I hope that in my life that I am as generous with my time towards others, and that I am willing to take the time to go out of my way to help others who are in need. What a blessing to have such people in my life!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

That's amazing! How wonderful! I'm glad everything worked out and that you do have people up there that take care of you! I worry about that kind of stuff! I'm glad that I don't need to worry like I'm your mother! :)

Jodie said...

That is great--I really hope I can be that kind of person, too, who is always helping others.