Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snow Adventures

Today there was group of us that decided to go cross county skiing. I had heard what a good work out that it is so I thought why not. That was my first time on skis so I wasn't sure what to expect. I can tell that I am going to be so sore, my arms and legs, and probably my shoulders. It wasn't so bad once I could keep my skis parallel, but when I didn't down I would go. I wish that we could have taped us it was hilarious to watch as someone would fall and then try and get back up. I fell twice once just trying to get back up. I thought it was a lot of fun, and I do believe I set the record for who fell the most. I am not sure of how good my balance is at times.
Last night Nikki, Sandra, and I went sledding near Nikki's house. We each went down separately and then did a couple of runs together. On our first one we hit a bump and really got some air! I don't have to tell you that doesn't really feel good on your back when you land back on the ground, but adds to the excitement of the ride! I have noticed yesterday and today how pretty it can be when it snows. There was a full moon out last night when we were sledding and it looked really cool. I will have to post some pictures of our snow adventures later.

3 comments:

M'Liss said...

Enjoy your time now while you are single. I wish I had had more time to just enjoy college and friends. Travel, soak up all the education you can, and just have fun.

David said...

So would you recommend it? Neer been? Are you going to do it again!

Emily said...

Yes I would recommend it, and I do think that I would go again