Monday, June 13, 2011

Should Always Be Prepared

Well you would think after many instances where I had the feeling to grab my phone I would learn to follow those feelings. Today my mom and I went shopping and before we left I saw my keys and thought I should grab them, but I of course did not listen and we went on our merry way. When we pulled into the garage my mom said "please tell me you have keys to the house." I knew that I did not, and it turned out that my mom did not have keys to the house either. We had taken my dad's car and the key ring did not have the house key on it. My first thought was oh great I am really hungry and my second thought was what are we going to do until my dad comes home? I guess we would just have to spend the afternoon in the pool! Lesson learned always have your phone and keys to the house no matter what!

4 comments:

Grandma Carla said...

So what did you do? I can't quite picture you and your Mom in the pool fully dressed, but at least you would be cool!!! Come on Em! Keep posting!

Katie said...

YAY! You're back! Love this story. My sister and I got locked out of her house last Wednesday with two little kids in a storm. So funny!

Emily said...

We ended up driving to my dad's work to get his house key. You are right Carla, I am not sure if we would really have done that, but I know I would have been tempted!

Natalie said...

When I saw the title in my blog roll, I was thinking something WAY WORSE had happened. Though, with the heat, that was a big bummer, I'm sure! I always say when I'm prompted and I ignore it - or I do something just plain goofy - that I needed to learn this so I wouldn't do it again. And it's true! I've done a lot of really dumb things - but I've never done them again. ;D You'll never leave your keys or phone behind again, right? :D (I'm not calling you dumb by any means, by the way. haha!)